At Park 56 Dental, nothing is more important than our patients’ oral health. If you have missing, discolored, decayed, or crooked teeth, we can help! Learn about our smile restoration services to find a solution that works for you.
Missing teeth are among the most noticeable oral health problems. When decay or a traumatic injury results in tooth loss, dental implants are often the best restorative option available. An implant features a screw-like titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root. Then, a tooth-colored crown is cemented on top of the implant. The result is a functional, natural-looking replacement tooth that can last decades with proper care.
As another option for treating tooth loss, dental bridges “bridge the gap” between two teeth without implanting anything into the gums. Bridges can be placed more quickly and cost less than implants, but they require healthy surrounding teeth to prevent the gums and jawbone from degrading. We can help you decide if implants or bridges are best for your tooth loss scenario.
Do you have chipped, misshapen, or stained teeth? With veneers, you no longer have to hide your smile! Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that adhere to the front of your natural teeth. They can be whatever shape, size, and color you want to achieve the desired aesthetic effect. Thanks to their durable porcelain construction, you can expect veneers to last many years with proper care.
If one of your teeth has a deep cavity or diseased nerve, it may be possible to save the tooth with a root canal treatment. While root canals have a reputation for being painful, the intent is to remove pain and swelling. Our dentists can complete this procedure in one to three office visits. By the end of your treatment, you’ll be ready to show off a healthy, pain-free smile!
Have you always wanted straighter teeth but balked at traditional metal braces? Invisalign is the answer! This treatment uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to straighten your smile over an average of nine to 15 months. Invisalign is comfortable, removable, and BPA-free for your safety. Best of all, the aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will even know you’re wearing them!
Many at-home products claim to whiten your teeth, but only in-office Zoom! whitening can give you the results you want in a single, one-hour visit. Remove years of staining and brighten your smile by an average of eight shades with this safe, simple, and relaxing process. Our dentist will ensure your teeth are healthy and eligible for whitening before treatment begins.
Are you ready to fall in love with your smile like never before? The dentists at Park 56 Dental have the skills and experience needed to perform restoration services for our New York City patients. If you are dissatisfied with your smile for any reason, please contact us at (212) 826-2322 and schedule a consultation today!
Dentists advise most patients to schedule an oral exam and cleaning twice a year. Each visit is your chance to learn more about your oral health and the treatments available to keep your smile healthy. Write down anything you want to ask during your next dentist visit. You may choose to ask some of the questions we’ve compiled here.
- Why do my teeth hurt? If you are experiencing toothaches or sensitivity, tell your dentist right away. Potential causes include tooth decay, cracked teeth, exposed roots, whitening products, orthodontic work, and fillings. Such problems aren’t always apparent during an exam, and your dentist can only recommend treatment if you speak up.
- Is whitening treatment right for me? Tooth whitening treats surface stains caused by coffee, tea, and other dark-colored foods and drinks. It does not address intrinsic discoloration, however. Your dentist can help you determine if whitening or another procedure, such as bonding or veneers, is most appropriate.
- How can I strengthen my teeth? If you’re worried about weak enamel or cavities, your dentist may recommend fluoride treatment. You can also improve the strength, appearance, and functionality of your smile with cosmetic bridges, fillings, or implants.
- What toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss should I use? With so many dental products out there, it never hurts to ask your dentist which ones they recommend. If you have weak enamel, sensitive teeth, gum recession, or other oral health concerns, you can receive advice specific to your situation.
- Should I use mouthwash? Brushing and flossing get plenty of attention, but your dentist may also recommend a therapeutic or prescription mouthwash to treat gingivitis, tooth sensitivity, inflammation, excessive gum bleeding, chronic staining, or other oral health concerns.
- Do you recommend wearing a mouthguard? Many people grind their teeth at night without knowing it. An observant dentist should recognize the signs of tooth grinding, also known as bruxism, even if you don’t ask about it. These signs may include receding gums, damaged enamel, popping jaw, and complaints of morning headaches. Your dentist can fit you with a custom mouthguard to ease your symptoms and protect your oral health.
- Could I be at risk for oral cancer? Tobacco use, heavy drinking, excessive sun exposure to the lips, and a weak immune system all increase your oral cancer risk. Early detection is critical for successful treatment, so request screenings often, even if you don’t think you have cancer.
- Why do I need dental X-rays? Most dentists recommend bitewing X-rays once a year and a full-mouth series every four to five years. X-rays reveal what’s happening beneath the surface, which is vital for diagnosing problems and pursuing the proper treatment.
Looking for personalized answers to these and other oral health questions? Please contact Park 56 Dental at (212) 826-2322 and schedule an appointment at our NYC dentist office today! Our knowledgeable team can address all of your concerns and help you make the best choices for your oral health.
Your dentist should be a trusted professional you can rely on. The goal is to look forward to your dentist visits, not dread them. This is why finding a dentist that “clicks” with you and your family is such a vital part of ensuring excellent dental care. Here’s what to look for if you’re searching for a reliable family dentist in NYC.
- Insurance coverage: If you have dental insurance, it’s most cost-effective to choose an in-network dentist that accepts your plan. Check your insurance provider’s website or contact local dentists for more information.
- Positive patient feedback: Online reviews provide an unbiased look at overall customer satisfaction ratings. Steer clear of any dentists with numerous one- and two-star reviews.
- Recommended by others: In addition to the reviews you read online, ask around for recommendations from people you trust. Find out where your family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers go, as well as what they like or dislike about their dentist. You can also ask for a referral from your family doctor.
- Convenient hours and location: Ease of accessibility is an important part of making dentist visits a priority. You are more likely to set routine cleanings and exams if the appointment times fit your schedule, such as early morning and Saturday hours. It’s also best if the dentist’s office is conveniently located near your home, work, or child’s school.
- Fair policies: Review each dentist’s website or call the office to find out more about their policies. Do they educate patients about their treatment options? When are payments collected? How does the dentist handle canceled or missed appointments? The right dentist should have fair policies that meet your needs.
- Updated cleaning and safety precautions: During the coronavirus pandemic, dentists and other medical professionals should follow CDC guidelines to promote an especially clean environment and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Ask any dentists you’re considering about the safety precautions they’re taking.
- Good first impression: Pay attention during your initial consultation. Is the office clean and orderly? Do the staff members treat you with courtesy and respect? Is your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a confidential, permanent file? Feeling welcome, comfortable, and cared for is a vital part of choosing the right dentist.
- Dental services that meet your needs: Not all dentists offer the same procedures. Because you can’t always predict the care you’ll need in the future, it’s best to choose a dentist with comprehensive services. This includes general and cosmetic dentistry, Invisalign, oral surgery, emergency services, sedation dentistry, and more.
Park 56 Dental is ready to meet your family’s dental care needs! We have been voted Top Dentist in NYC, with over 20 years of experience delivering the highest level of dental treatment in a luxurious, spa-like environment. To learn more about our team and everything we have to offer, please call (212) 826-2322 and schedule an initial consultation with us today.