When we think of looking more youthful, we often think of anti-aging products, makeup or wardrobe changes, and diet and exercise. However, one key aspect of looking youthful is often overlooked–our teeth. Our teeth can greatly impact our appearance and how we are perceived by others. Whether it’s fixing crooked or chipped teeth, whitening discolored teeth, or replacing missing teeth, getting the perfect smile can make you look years younger. In this blog, we’ll explore how fixing your teeth can make you look more youthful and confident.
One of the most common ways fixing your teeth can make you look more youthful is by straightening them. Straight teeth not only look more aesthetically pleasing, but they also give the impression of youthfulness. Crooked teeth can make you look older, whereas straight teeth can make you appear more vibrant and lively. Additionally, straight teeth are often associated with good dental hygiene, which reflects positively on your overall health. Invisalign is a popular method for straightening teeth without the visual distractions of brackets and wires.
Another way to achieve a youthful smile is to whiten your teeth. As we age, our teeth naturally become less white due to wear and tear, diet, and lifestyle factors. Whitening your teeth can instantly lift years off your appearance and give you a more youthful glow. A brighter smile can also improve your self-confidence, leading to a more youthful and outgoing personality.
Fixing Chipped Teeth
Chipped, cracked or broken teeth can also make us look older than we actually are. When we have missing or damaged teeth, we may avoid smiling or try to hide our teeth, which can make us seem less approachable and friendly. Fixing chipped teeth can restore our confidence and make us look more youthful and polished.
Replacing Missing Teeth
Missing teeth affects our speech and eating habits and can also make us look older. When teeth are missing or not properly aligned, it can make our face appear sunken or sagging. Replacing missing teeth can give us fuller, younger-looking faces and boost our confidence when smiling and speaking.
In addition to the aesthetic benefits of fixing your teeth, there are also numerous health benefits. Straightening teeth can improve your bite and chewing ability, making it easier to digest food properly. Whitening teeth can remove harmful bacteria and improve overall oral health. Fixing chipped or broken teeth can prevent further dental problems such as cavities or infection, leading to improved overall health.
Park 56 Dental’s Cosmetic Treatments Can Make You Look More Youthful Today!
Fixing your teeth can be a simple and effective way to look more youthful and confident. Whether it’s through straightening, whitening, fixing chips or breaks or replacing missing teeth, achieving a perfect smile can do wonders for your appearance and overall health. At Park 56 Dental in New York, we offer a variety of dental services to give you the perfect smile you deserve. Schedule an appointment today and start your journey towards a more youthful and confident you!
Many people assume that a missing tooth only has cosmetic consequences. But while having a gap in your smile is enough to make anyone self-conscious, there are also numerous health-related reasons not to ignore a missing tooth. Whether you opt for a bridge, removable partial dentures, or a dental implant, here’s a look at why it’s important to replace a lost tooth.
- Your teeth may shift and loosen: Every tooth helps maintain the stability of the one next to it. If you lose a permanent tooth, the surrounding teeth may begin shifting to fill the gap, undoing years of orthodontic work.
- Chewing may be more difficult: The sensitive gum tissue where your tooth is missing can make it painful to chew in that part of your mouth. Then, if your teeth drift out of place, your bite may suffer, making chewing even more uncomfortable. Over time, you may find it cumbersome to eat solid, healthy food like fruits and vegetables, which can lead to poor nutrition.
- You could develop TMJ disorder: To avoid discomfort, you may start chewing food on only one side of your mouth. However, this can strain your jaw muscles and lead to temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, resulting in jaw pain, chronic headaches, and other symptoms. Lopsided chewing can also wear down your teeth unevenly and affect their appearance.
- You may be more prone to cavities and gum disease. A shifting smile and altered bite can make your teeth harder to clean. This means you’re more vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease, both of which may lead to further tooth loss.
- Your jaw bone could deteriorate: A healthy jaw is only possible if you have healthy teeth to stimulate the production of new cells. If you lose one or more teeth, this stimulation disappears, which can lead to bone loss.
- Your appearance could change: When your opposing teeth have nothing to make contact with, your muscles and bone structure may begin to change. This problem is most apparent if you lose several teeth, which can lead to sunken cheeks and an aged appearance.
- Your self-esteem could suffer: Losing baby teeth may have been fun as a kid, but having a gap in your smile as an adult can drain your confidence level. First, you become concerned with your appearance and cover your mouth when you smile. Then, you may avoid talking too much if you develop a speech issue. Depression and anxiety can set in as a result.
If you recently lost a tooth in a traumatic incident or had a decayed tooth extracted, visit Park 56 Dental to explore your tooth-restoration options. We recommend dental implants to many of our patients because they provide a hassle-free, long-lasting way to replace a lost tooth. Even if you didn’t qualify for an implant in the past, you may now be eligible. To find out what makes us the best dentist in New York, please call us at (212) 826-2322 and schedule a consultation.
If you’re looking for the best dentist in NYC, look no further than Park 56 Dental Group. We’ve been voted NYC’s best dentist, and it’s no wonder. We provide personalized, quality dental care to a clientele that appreciates our comfortable, spa-like environment.
Our status as the best dentist is confirmed by our many five-star reviews. Clients say we’re “very thoughtful, caring and all around well organized”, “kind and wonderful”, “compassionate and professional”, and that our practice “makes going to the dentist a pleasure”. One customer characterized our staff by saying the “entire office was informative, compassionate and worked together like a team.” What makes us the best dentist in NYC? We think it’s a combination of several factors.
- Comprehensive Services: We provide routine dental services and so much more! Taking care of your teeth is an important part of caring for your overall health, so visiting the dentist regularly is vital. We provide oral cancer screenings for your peace of mind, and our cleanings and oral exams can save you from dental care problems and a wide range of health issues. We also offer pediatric, prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, Invisalign®, emergency and sedation dentistry
- Expert Cosmetic Dentistry: Our restorative dentistry will improve your smile and boost your confidence. The services we provide include teeth whitening, contouring/tooth reshaping, bonding, bridges, veneers, dental implants, tooth colored fillings, and smile makeovers.
- Quality Care in a Comfortable Facility: We’re committed to providing your entire family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We’re sensitive to your needs and want you to be comfortable while we provide you with the best care possible. Feel free to stop by our office and take a tour of our facilities.
- Patient-centered Practice: Our knowledgeable, compassionate dentists and staff excel at providing personalized care, and we’ll work together to meet your individual needs. We’ll answer any questions you may have, providing expert advice, and we’ll help if you struggle with dental anxiety. We want you to feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed at our office, and we even offer sedation dentistry for patients who request it. You can meet our team, take a walk through our office and treatment areas, and learn more about the treatments we provide.
If you want to trust your dental care to the very best dentist in NYC, call Park 56 Dental Group. We offer pediatric, prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, Invisalign®, emergency, and sedation dentistry, all at the highest level of treatment. We serve the Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and all surrounding Manhattan and New York areas, with a patient-centered practice that has hours to fit your schedule. Schedule your complimentary consultation today by contacting us online or calling us at (212) 826-2322.
The first stanza of a poem by Phyllis McGinley, called “Reflections Dental” reads:
How pure, how beautiful, how fine
Do teeth on television shine!
No flutist flutes, no dancer twirls
But comes equipped with matching pearls.
Gleeful announcers all are born
With sets like rows of hybrid corn.
Have you noticed that every celebrity seems to have perfect teeth? Are they born that way? Actually, many celebrities choose cosmetic dentistry procedures to make them look more perfect. Did you suspect the stars on this list of improving their pearly whites?
- Tom Cruise: His winning smile is the result of whitening, straightening, and an upgrade to porcelain veneers.
- George Clooney: Although his smile was always gorgeous, his history of tooth grinding shortened his teeth until they were lengthened with veneers
- Gary Busey: Speaking of having teeth lengthened, Gary Busey opted for outsized veneers after an accident.
- Mike Tyson: He had a gold tooth and a gap, but then he had the gap narrowed and traded in the gold for veneers. Surprisingly, because it was his signature look, he had the gap added back!
- Hillary Duff: After chipping a tooth on a microphone during a show, she decided to get a full set of veneers instead of a single repair.
- Ben Affleck: He used to have an overbite, but after lengthening, porcelain veneers, crowns, and whitening, he’s got a dazzling smile.
- Victoria Beckham: Posh Spice’s teeth used to be less than posh, but she’s had them fixed with a set of veneers.
- Jim Carrey: He once had a broken tooth capped, and he removed that cap for his snaggle-toothed Dumb and Dumber smile. Since then, he’s gone for veneers.
- Morgan Freeman: He was successful when he had gapped teeth, but in recent years he’s gotten whitening and used veneers to straighten his teeth.
- Miley Cyrus: The slightly crooked teeth of this child smile were replaced with veneers once she grew up.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: Teased as a child over crooked teeth, she fixed her alignment with orthodontics and upgraded her smile with veneers.
- Chris Rock: The success of Lethal Weapon allowed him to spend $150,000 on a new smile!
- Zac Efron: His charming gap-toothed grin has been replaced with the perfection of veneers, but he wore false teeth to play Bundy.
- Nicolas Cage: He had two teeth pulled for the 1984 film “Birdy” but has since gotten a full set of veneers.
- 50 Cent: Shot in the face in 2000, he lost a tooth a gained a gap. He later fixed his teeth with whitening and veneers.
Do any of these names surprise you? Here’s some good news: the same procedures used by celebrities are available for you. At Park 56 Dental Group, we offer dental care, including smile restoration, providing the highest level of treatment. We serve the Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and all surrounding Manhattan and New York areas, with a patient-centered practice that has hours to fit your schedule. Contact us online or call us at (212) 826-2322.
At Park 56 Dental, nothing is more important than our patients’ oral health. If you have missing, discolored, decayed, or crooked teeth, we can help! Learn about our smile restoration services to find a solution that works for you.
Missing teeth are among the most noticeable oral health problems. When decay or a traumatic injury results in tooth loss, dental implants are often the best restorative option available. An implant features a screw-like titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root. Then, a tooth-colored crown is cemented on top of the implant. The result is a functional, natural-looking replacement tooth that can last decades with proper care.
As another option for treating tooth loss, dental bridges “bridge the gap” between two teeth without implanting anything into the gums. Bridges can be placed more quickly and cost less than implants, but they require healthy surrounding teeth to prevent the gums and jawbone from degrading. We can help you decide if implants or bridges are best for your tooth loss scenario.
Do you have chipped, misshapen, or stained teeth? With veneers, you no longer have to hide your smile! Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that adhere to the front of your natural teeth. They can be whatever shape, size, and color you want to achieve the desired aesthetic effect. Thanks to their durable porcelain construction, you can expect veneers to last many years with proper care.
If one of your teeth has a deep cavity or diseased nerve, it may be possible to save the tooth with a root canal treatment. While root canals have a reputation for being painful, the intent is to remove pain and swelling. Our dentists can complete this procedure in one to three office visits. By the end of your treatment, you’ll be ready to show off a healthy, pain-free smile!
Have you always wanted straighter teeth but balked at traditional metal braces? Invisalign is the answer! This treatment uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to straighten your smile over an average of nine to 15 months. Invisalign is comfortable, removable, and BPA-free for your safety. Best of all, the aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will even know you’re wearing them!
Many at-home products claim to whiten your teeth, but only in-office Zoom! whitening can give you the results you want in a single, one-hour visit. Remove years of staining and brighten your smile by an average of eight shades with this safe, simple, and relaxing process. Our dentist will ensure your teeth are healthy and eligible for whitening before treatment begins.
Are you ready to fall in love with your smile like never before? The dentists at Park 56 Dental have the skills and experience needed to perform restoration services for our New York City patients. If you are dissatisfied with your smile for any reason, please contact us at (212) 826-2322 and schedule a consultation today!
Most people take their teeth for granted. However, if you lose a tooth to extensive decay or a traumatic injury, the gap in your smile may be all too apparent. Fortunately, you have options for replacing your lost tooth, including bridges, dentures, and dental implants. Here are the top reasons to restore your confident smile with fixed implants.
- Prevent your teeth from shifting: When you lose one tooth, the surrounding teeth tend to shift and fill in the space. This can throw off your bite and lead to uneven spacing or overcrowding. Having an implant placed now helps to maintain the position of your teeth so you can avoid these complications.
- Preserve your jawbone: Other tooth replacement solutions, including bridges and non-implant-supported dentures, may eventually weaken your jawbone. However, implants feature an artificial tooth root that grows into the bone, stimulating it and preventing deterioration.
- Maintain your appearance: If you’re missing multiple teeth, a significant portion of your jawbone could begin to deteriorate. Eventually, your jaw, cheeks, and lips may start to sink inward, making you look years older than you really are. The stimulation provided by dental implants keeps your jawbone healthy, so your face looks full and youthful for years to come.
- Avoid the hassle of wearing dentures: Implants are more natural-looking than dentures. As a permanent solution, implants also let you avoid the hassle and embarrassment of removing dentures to eat or sleep. You never have to worry about your implants falling out, either, which enhances your comfort and confidence. You can even brush and floss implants with the rest of your teeth, unlike dentures, which require special soaking and cleaning.
- Preserve the structural integrity of your remaining teeth: Bridges involve shaving down the teeth on either side of the gap and placing crowns to support the artificial tooth. If these teeth are healthy, you may hesitate to damage their structural integrity. Implants are self-supporting, so the surrounding teeth remain untouched.
- Enjoy a long-lasting solution: Implants are capped with custom-made porcelain crowns designed to look, feel, and function exactly like a natural tooth. These artificial crowns are known to last for decades with proper care, allowing you to smile confidently for many years to come.
- Suitable for more and more candidates: You may have heard that not everyone is a good candidate for implants. However, dental restoration technology has evolved tremendously in the past 10 years. This means, even if you didn’t qualify for implants in the past, you might want to speak with your dentist about the latest options available.
The dentists at Park 56 Dental can help you compare all your tooth-restoration options, including dental implants in NYC. If you have a gap in your smile or are otherwise dissatisfied with the condition of your teeth, give us a call at (212) 826-2322 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry.
When cavities, stains, or traumatic injuries damage your teeth, you may find yourself covering your mouth every time you smile. To help you regain your confidence, you need restorative dentistry from an experienced dentist in NYC. Take a look at nine dental procedures we offer that can restore your smile.
- Crowns: A dental crown is an effective way to restore a discolored or oddly shaped tooth. This solution can even protect a weak tooth from breaking or repair one that’s already broken.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Many people assume that fillings are always metallic, but new materials and techniques mean you have the option of getting more natural-looking, tooth-colored fillings. Talk to your dentist about what option is best for you. Factors such as the size of the filling, location of the tooth, price, and personal preference must all be considered.
- Veneers: This cosmetic solution covers the front side of chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth with a natural-looking porcelain veneer. The finished product looks great and functions flawlessly. Your dentist may recommend avoiding coffee, tea, wine, and tobacco to maintain your beautiful new smile.
- Bonding: Similar to veneers, bonding is a cosmetic treatment that involves attaching tooth-colored resins to your teeth to improve their shape and color. The results are strong, long-lasting, and natural-looking.
- Contouring and reshaping: Dental contouring and tooth reshaping may be all that’s required to fix elongated or roughly shaped teeth. This process involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to alter the surface or shape of the tooth. This technique is often combined with bonding to create the most attractive smile possible.
- Implants: Dental implants consist of a titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root, and a crown, which fills the gap and replaces the function of your missing tooth. Implants can last a lifetime if properly maintained.
- Bridges: The purpose of a dental bridge is to replace one or more missing teeth. It involves installing crowns on the adjacent teeth and “bridging” the gap with an artificial tooth called a pontic. Unlike implants, no titanium root is inserted into the gums.
- Whitening: Years of drinking coffee, sipping on wine, and enjoying brightly colored berries can take a toll on your pearly whites. Luckily, you can turn back the clock with Zoom in-office whitening. Our dental professionals can brighten your smile by an average of eight shades in just one hour. Plus, the process is safe, simple, and pain-free!
- Smile makeovers: If several different problems exist in your mouth, you can combine two or more of the above dental procedures for a complete smile makeover. Your self-esteem will soar like never before once you feel confident enough to smile naturally around your friends, family, and new acquaintances.
Need help deciding which dental procedure is right for you? Ready to get the process started? Contact Park 56 Dental at (212) 826-2322 to ask questions or request a consultation at our New York dentist office.
If you have missing, infected, or otherwise damaged teeth, it’s important to have them restored as soon as possible. Otherwise, your speech could be affected, or chewing food could destabilize your bite and cause pain.
Dental implants allow you to confidently eat, smile, talk, laugh and enjoy all your other daily activities without feeling self-conscious about your teeth. If you have ever had a cavity filled and a crown put in, you’re familiar with the visible portion of a dental implant. Of course, if the tooth is missing or the root is severely damaged, you must replace that as well. This is where dental implants are helpful.
If you’re interested in this type of restorative dentistry, read on to learn everything you need to know about dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants have three components. The first is an artificial tooth root made of titanium, which is similar in size and shape to a screw. When your dentist implants this in your mouth, it bonds with your jawbone, a process that takes about six months. This creates a stable support for one or more artificial teeth.
A connector, known as an abutment, goes in next. Your dentist installs this on top of the artificial root once it has fully bonded with your jawbone. Then, after your gums heal around the abutment, the crown is cemented on top.
The crown component of a dental implant is custom-made out of porcelain to match the color and shape of your original tooth. It looks, feels, and functions exactly the way you would expect, creating a totally natural solution that’s indiscernible from the rest of your teeth. When you show off your healthy, beautiful mouth, no one will ever suspect you have a replacement tooth!
Facts About Dental Implants
- Archeological findings have discovered that people more than 2,000 years ago replaced missing teeth with carved seashells or stones.
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry was formed in 1951, making it the first professional organization dedicated to advancing dental implant technology.
- In 1952, it was discovered that titanium fuses with bone, making it the go-to metal for dental implants.
- Modern dental implants have been around for over 30 years.
- Dental implants are strong, permanent devices. In fact, they are more durable than your natural teeth!
- Unlike some other restorative dental procedures, implants preserve your natural bone, stimulating more bone growth and a healthier mouth.
- 100,000 to 300,000 new dental implants are placed in the US each year to restore the smiles of young adults missing one permanent tooth as well as older adults needing to replace an entire arch of missing or damaged teeth.
The NYC dentists at Park 56 Dental are highly skilled and experienced with installing dental implants. If you have a gap in your smile or are dissatisfied with your teeth for another reason, call us at (212) 826-2322 to discuss the possibility of restoring your smile with dental implants.
Dental implants are used to safely and gently replace missing teeth. If you are missing one or more teeth, it is a terrific idea to consult with the best dentist in NYC about your treatment options. One of the most important steps of the dental implant procedure is a process that is commonly referred to as osseointegration. After your dentist has placed the initial titanium implant into your jaw, it will take about six months for the implant to fuse with the jaw bone. This phenomenon of bone fusing is referred to as osseointegration. It is important to allow plenty of time for this process to take place before applying permanent crowns over the implants, as there may be some shifting as implants settle into place.
For more information about receiving a dental implant , be sure to call Park 56 Dental at (646) 783-3529. Our friendly team offers quality dental implants, and you are sure to be thrilled with the new appearance of your smile. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding a dental implant or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure that we have to offer.
If you lose a tooth or have had to have a tooth extracted, a top dentist will encourage you to consider your options for replacing a missing tooth . Having a gap between teeth can cause a number of problems for existing teeth and gums. Without the tooth in place, surrounding teeth can drift or shift towards the gap. You can lose bone density or experience complications with your gums. Exploring options to replace the tooth can prevent these issues. Continue reading to learn more about your options.
A dental bridge is an option for individuals with strong and healthy teeth . A dental bridge is exactly that, a bridge between two teeth. Dental crowns are used on the teeth on either side of the gap and a false tooth fills the void in between. The adjacent teeth need to be prepared by cutting them down. The enamel is removed to make room for the bridge.
Dental implants offer a more permanent solution to replace a missing tooth. Using a metal device that serves as the root, the implant is surgically placed into the gum that bonds with the existing bone. Once it fuses to the bone, an abutment is placed and is used to place the dental crown that will take the place of the missing tooth.
In cases where multiple teeth are missing, dentures or partial dentures are a viable option. Dentures are false teeth that are custom fit to match existing teeth and fit onto the gums. Using a bonding agent, dentures are held into place and are often indistinguishable from natural teeth.
With so many options available to replace a missing tooth, the decision is best made by consulting your dentist and weighing all of your options. There are pros and cons to all of the options, and factors such as time, cost, and healing can influence your decision. To learn more about smile restoration serving NYC , call Park 56 Dental. To make an appointment, call (646) 783-3529.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Healthier Teeth
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Health
- Dental Emergencies
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal
- Sedation Dentistry
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Anxiety
- Gum Disease
- Bad Breath
- New York Dentist
- Cut out sugar
- General Dentistry
- Oral Health
- Oral Cancer
- Dry Mouth
- Gum Health