At Park 56 Dental, nothing is more important than our patients’ oral health. If you have missing, discolored, decayed, or crooked teeth, we can help! Learn about our smile restoration services to find a solution that works for you.
Missing teeth are among the most noticeable oral health problems. When decay or a traumatic injury results in tooth loss, dental implants are often the best restorative option available. An implant features a screw-like titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root. Then, a tooth-colored crown is cemented on top of the implant. The result is a functional, natural-looking replacement tooth that can last decades with proper care.
As another option for treating tooth loss, dental bridges “bridge the gap” between two teeth without implanting anything into the gums. Bridges can be placed more quickly and cost less than implants, but they require healthy surrounding teeth to prevent the gums and jawbone from degrading. We can help you decide if implants or bridges are best for your tooth loss scenario.
Do you have chipped, misshapen, or stained teeth? With veneers, you no longer have to hide your smile! Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that adhere to the front of your natural teeth. They can be whatever shape, size, and color you want to achieve the desired aesthetic effect. Thanks to their durable porcelain construction, you can expect veneers to last many years with proper care.
If one of your teeth has a deep cavity or diseased nerve, it may be possible to save the tooth with a root canal treatment. While root canals have a reputation for being painful, the intent is to remove pain and swelling. Our dentists can complete this procedure in one to three office visits. By the end of your treatment, you’ll be ready to show off a healthy, pain-free smile!
Have you always wanted straighter teeth but balked at traditional metal braces? Invisalign is the answer! This treatment uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to straighten your smile over an average of nine to 15 months. Invisalign is comfortable, removable, and BPA-free for your safety. Best of all, the aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will even know you’re wearing them!
Many at-home products claim to whiten your teeth, but only in-office Zoom! whitening can give you the results you want in a single, one-hour visit. Remove years of staining and brighten your smile by an average of eight shades with this safe, simple, and relaxing process. Our dentist will ensure your teeth are healthy and eligible for whitening before treatment begins.
Are you ready to fall in love with your smile like never before? The dentists at Park 56 Dental have the skills and experience needed to perform restoration services for our New York City patients. If you are dissatisfied with your smile for any reason, please contact us at (212) 826-2322 and schedule a consultation today!
Most people take their teeth for granted. However, if you lose a tooth to extensive decay or a traumatic injury, the gap in your smile may be all too apparent. Fortunately, you have options for replacing your lost tooth, including bridges, dentures, and dental implants. Here are the top reasons to restore your confident smile with fixed implants.
- Prevent your teeth from shifting: When you lose one tooth, the surrounding teeth tend to shift and fill in the space. This can throw off your bite and lead to uneven spacing or overcrowding. Having an implant placed now helps to maintain the position of your teeth so you can avoid these complications.
- Preserve your jawbone: Other tooth replacement solutions, including bridges and non-implant-supported dentures, may eventually weaken your jawbone. However, implants feature an artificial tooth root that grows into the bone, stimulating it and preventing deterioration.
- Maintain your appearance: If you’re missing multiple teeth, a significant portion of your jawbone could begin to deteriorate. Eventually, your jaw, cheeks, and lips may start to sink inward, making you look years older than you really are. The stimulation provided by dental implants keeps your jawbone healthy, so your face looks full and youthful for years to come.
- Avoid the hassle of wearing dentures: Implants are more natural-looking than dentures. As a permanent solution, implants also let you avoid the hassle and embarrassment of removing dentures to eat or sleep. You never have to worry about your implants falling out, either, which enhances your comfort and confidence. You can even brush and floss implants with the rest of your teeth, unlike dentures, which require special soaking and cleaning.
- Preserve the structural integrity of your remaining teeth: Bridges involve shaving down the teeth on either side of the gap and placing crowns to support the artificial tooth. If these teeth are healthy, you may hesitate to damage their structural integrity. Implants are self-supporting, so the surrounding teeth remain untouched.
- Enjoy a long-lasting solution: Implants are capped with custom-made porcelain crowns designed to look, feel, and function exactly like a natural tooth. These artificial crowns are known to last for decades with proper care, allowing you to smile confidently for many years to come.
- Suitable for more and more candidates: You may have heard that not everyone is a good candidate for implants. However, dental restoration technology has evolved tremendously in the past 10 years. This means, even if you didn’t qualify for implants in the past, you might want to speak with your dentist about the latest options available.
The dentists at Park 56 Dental can help you compare all your tooth-restoration options, including dental implants in NYC. If you have a gap in your smile or are otherwise dissatisfied with the condition of your teeth, give us a call at (212) 826-2322 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry.
When cavities, stains, or traumatic injuries damage your teeth, you may find yourself covering your mouth every time you smile. To help you regain your confidence, you need restorative dentistry from an experienced dentist in NYC. Take a look at nine dental procedures we offer that can restore your smile.
- Crowns: A dental crown is an effective way to restore a discolored or oddly shaped tooth. This solution can even protect a weak tooth from breaking or repair one that’s already broken.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Many people assume that fillings are always metallic, but new materials and techniques mean you have the option of getting more natural-looking, tooth-colored fillings. Talk to your dentist about what option is best for you. Factors such as the size of the filling, location of the tooth, price, and personal preference must all be considered.
- Veneers: This cosmetic solution covers the front side of chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth with a natural-looking porcelain veneer. The finished product looks great and functions flawlessly. Your dentist may recommend avoiding coffee, tea, wine, and tobacco to maintain your beautiful new smile.
- Bonding: Similar to veneers, bonding is a cosmetic treatment that involves attaching tooth-colored resins to your teeth to improve their shape and color. The results are strong, long-lasting, and natural-looking.
- Contouring and reshaping: Dental contouring and tooth reshaping may be all that’s required to fix elongated or roughly shaped teeth. This process involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to alter the surface or shape of the tooth. This technique is often combined with bonding to create the most attractive smile possible.
- Implants: Dental implants consist of a titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root, and a crown, which fills the gap and replaces the function of your missing tooth. Implants can last a lifetime if properly maintained.
- Bridges: The purpose of a dental bridge is to replace one or more missing teeth. It involves installing crowns on the adjacent teeth and “bridging” the gap with an artificial tooth called a pontic. Unlike implants, no titanium root is inserted into the gums.
- Whitening: Years of drinking coffee, sipping on wine, and enjoying brightly colored berries can take a toll on your pearly whites. Luckily, you can turn back the clock with Zoom in-office whitening. Our dental professionals can brighten your smile by an average of eight shades in just one hour. Plus, the process is safe, simple, and pain-free!
- Smile makeovers: If several different problems exist in your mouth, you can combine two or more of the above dental procedures for a complete smile makeover. Your self-esteem will soar like never before once you feel confident enough to smile naturally around your friends, family, and new acquaintances.
Need help deciding which dental procedure is right for you? Ready to get the process started? Contact Park 56 Dental at (212) 826-2322 to ask questions or request a consultation at our New York dentist office.
If you have missing, infected, or otherwise damaged teeth, it’s important to have them restored as soon as possible. Otherwise, your speech could be affected, or chewing food could destabilize your bite and cause pain.
Dental implants allow you to confidently eat, smile, talk, laugh and enjoy all your other daily activities without feeling self-conscious about your teeth. If you have ever had a cavity filled and a crown put in, you’re familiar with the visible portion of a dental implant. Of course, if the tooth is missing or the root is severely damaged, you must replace that as well. This is where dental implants are helpful.
If you’re interested in this type of restorative dentistry, read on to learn everything you need to know about dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants have three components. The first is an artificial tooth root made of titanium, which is similar in size and shape to a screw. When your dentist implants this in your mouth, it bonds with your jawbone, a process that takes about six months. This creates a stable support for one or more artificial teeth.
A connector, known as an abutment, goes in next. Your dentist installs this on top of the artificial root once it has fully bonded with your jawbone. Then, after your gums heal around the abutment, the crown is cemented on top.
The crown component of a dental implant is custom-made out of porcelain to match the color and shape of your original tooth. It looks, feels, and functions exactly the way you would expect, creating a totally natural solution that’s indiscernible from the rest of your teeth. When you show off your healthy, beautiful mouth, no one will ever suspect you have a replacement tooth!
Facts About Dental Implants
- Archeological findings have discovered that people more than 2,000 years ago replaced missing teeth with carved seashells or stones.
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry was formed in 1951, making it the first professional organization dedicated to advancing dental implant technology.
- In 1952, it was discovered that titanium fuses with bone, making it the go-to metal for dental implants.
- Modern dental implants have been around for over 30 years.
- Dental implants are strong, permanent devices. In fact, they are more durable than your natural teeth!
- Unlike some other restorative dental procedures, implants preserve your natural bone, stimulating more bone growth and a healthier mouth.
- 100,000 to 300,000 new dental implants are placed in the US each year to restore the smiles of young adults missing one permanent tooth as well as older adults needing to replace an entire arch of missing or damaged teeth.
The NYC dentists at Park 56 Dental are highly skilled and experienced with installing dental implants. If you have a gap in your smile or are dissatisfied with your teeth for another reason, call us at (212) 826-2322 to discuss the possibility of restoring your smile with dental implants.
Dental implants are used to safely and gently replace missing teeth. If you are missing one or more teeth, it is a terrific idea to consult with the best dentist in NYC about your treatment options. One of the most important steps of the dental implant procedure is a process that is commonly referred to as osseointegration. After your dentist has placed the initial titanium implant into your jaw, it will take about six months for the implant to fuse with the jaw bone. This phenomenon of bone fusing is referred to as osseointegration. It is important to allow plenty of time for this process to take place before applying permanent crowns over the implants, as there may be some shifting as implants settle into place.
For more information about receiving a dental implant , be sure to call Park 56 Dental at (646) 783-3529. Our friendly team offers quality dental implants, and you are sure to be thrilled with the new appearance of your smile. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding a dental implant or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure that we have to offer.
If you lose a tooth or have had to have a tooth extracted, a top dentist will encourage you to consider your options for replacing a missing tooth . Having a gap between teeth can cause a number of problems for existing teeth and gums. Without the tooth in place, surrounding teeth can drift or shift towards the gap. You can lose bone density or experience complications with your gums. Exploring options to replace the tooth can prevent these issues. Continue reading to learn more about your options.
A dental bridge is an option for individuals with strong and healthy teeth . A dental bridge is exactly that, a bridge between two teeth. Dental crowns are used on the teeth on either side of the gap and a false tooth fills the void in between. The adjacent teeth need to be prepared by cutting them down. The enamel is removed to make room for the bridge.
Dental implants offer a more permanent solution to replace a missing tooth. Using a metal device that serves as the root, the implant is surgically placed into the gum that bonds with the existing bone. Once it fuses to the bone, an abutment is placed and is used to place the dental crown that will take the place of the missing tooth.
In cases where multiple teeth are missing, dentures or partial dentures are a viable option. Dentures are false teeth that are custom fit to match existing teeth and fit onto the gums. Using a bonding agent, dentures are held into place and are often indistinguishable from natural teeth.
With so many options available to replace a missing tooth, the decision is best made by consulting your dentist and weighing all of your options. There are pros and cons to all of the options, and factors such as time, cost, and healing can influence your decision. To learn more about smile restoration serving NYC , call Park 56 Dental. To make an appointment, call (646) 783-3529.
If a top dentist has recommended tooth implants for your missing or damaged teeth, you may have questions about this procedure. Dental implants are an excellent solution for missing teeth because they can help to preserve your oral health while improving the function of your teeth and the appearance of your smile. There are several steps involved in the dental implant process.
Evaluation and Bone Grafting
Your dentist will begin the dental implant process by evaluating your tooth and jaw bone. For patients whose jawbone lacks the density to hold a dental implant, their dentist may recommend a bone graft procedure as the first step. If the area around the site of your missing tooth has sufficient bone density, your oral surgeon can proceed with the implant surgery .
Surgery and Implantation
To place the dental implant, your dentist will make an incision in your gums to expose the jaw bone. Next, a hole is drilled into the bone at the implant site. Your oral surgeon will then insert the dental implant, which is a small, metal rod that is typically made of titanium. Once the implant is in place, your dentist will close the incision and provide you with a temporary denture to fill the gap that remains in your teeth. You will wear the denture until the bone has had sufficient time to integrate with the implant.
Abutment and Tooth Replacement
Once your dentist has determined that your bone has healed and grown around the dental implant, he can then place the abutment, which is the fixture to which your replacement tooth will be attached. In some cases, the abutment will already be fixed to your dental implant, allowing for this step to be skipped. Lastly, your dentist will affix your artificial tooth, which is designed to fit and look like your original tooth, to the implant to fill the gap in your teeth.
If you want to see one of the best dentists in New York for your dental implants in NYC, call Park 56 Dental today at (646) 783-3529.
When you have dental implants, you deserve to work with the top dentist in NYC. Dental implants offer a permanent solution for patients who are missing one or more teeth. Because the tiny titanium screws fuse with your jawbone, dental implants never need to be replaced as long as they are properly cared for with good dental habits. Read on to find out how allowing the proper time to heal, maintaining good oral hygiene, and scheduling regular check-ins will ensure that you maintain your dental implants.
Allow Proper Healing Time
When a top dentist in NYC places a dental implant, it is important to follow his or her instructions and allow your mouth to heal. Placing dental implants is a surgical procedure, and healing time varies for each patient depending on the quality of bone and whether or not bone grafting is necessary. Each dental implant should take between two to four months to heal.
Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
While dental implants are covered by tooth-like structures, including dental bridges and crowns, brushing and flossing regularly is just as important as it is with your natural teeth. Good oral hygiene is essential to making sure your dental implants continue to function properly and maintaining the best oral health. While dental implants cannot have cavities, they can develop gum disease, causing infection and even bone loss.
Schedule Regular Dental Visits
To maintain your dental implants, be sure to schedule regular check-ups with a top dentist in New York. Your dentist can make sure each dental implant is healing properly and can treat early signs of gum disease. It is also important to speak to your dentist about any pain or discomfort associated with your dental implants.
To learn more about dental implants in NYC, schedule a consultation with the top dentist in New York. Call Park 56 Dental at (646) 783-3529. Our experienced team is proud to offer the best dental implants, and we also practice sedation dentistry, so you will be comfortable during the procedure. Call us to get started on your smile restoration today.
Tooth implants have become an increasingly popular dental treatment option. However, it is vital to exercise excellent dental hygiene before, during, and after the procedure. Before receiving an implant, your teeth need to be free from plaque, decay, and periodontal disease. It is equally important to maintain your teeth in good health after the implant. At Park 56 Dental, we can help you establish a regimen which will maintain your implants in optimum condition.
After your implants have been fitted, you may need to follow a diet of soft foods and clear liquids for a few days. You should clean your mouth at least once a day, avoiding the site of the implant itself at first, to allow gum tissue to heal. You may need to take pain medication or antibiotics. Your dentist may also advise rinsing with salt water or with an antimicrobial mouthwash.
You should brush your teeth at least twice a day, using a brush with soft bristles. To prevent damage to the implant, choose a non-abrasive toothpaste. Avoid stain-removing brands, as well as toothpastes containing stannous fluoride, sodium fluoride, or baking soda. Small brushes designed for the gaps between teeth, known as interproximal brushes, can be very useful for cleaning around implants. Select brushes with nylon bristles, as wire bristles can damage implants.
Floss gently, using unwaxed tape. Special floss designed for use with implants can be helpful. Your dentist may recommend using a special crisscross motion to floss implants more efficiently. Waterpik flossers can help to clean difficult-to-reach crevices and narrow gaps. The use of an alcohol-free, antimicrobial mouthwash may also help to ensure the continued health of your implants.
At Park 56 Dental , we offer tooth implants in NYC. We can provide detailed instructions on how to maintain the health of your implants. To find out more about the procedure, visit us on the Web or call us today at (646) 783-3529.