Are you considering veneers? If you’ve ever felt the need to hide the imperfections in your smile, veneers might be the perfect solution for you. A natural-looking option, veneers are an excellent way to adjust your smile and help you feel more confident.
A veneer is a thin shell made of tooth-colored porcelain and customized to match your existing teeth. It fits on the outside-facing portion of your tooth and blends seamlessly into your natural smile. Veneers are a discreet option for improving your smile and can conceal imperfections without causing unnecessary damage.
To start the process, your dentist creates a model of your teeth, which the dental technician will use to create your veneers. Each tooth will be prepared by cleaning, polishing, and etching it slightly to remove a little bit of enamel so the veneer will adhere correctly to the tooth’s surface. Once it’s in place, it will be evaluated to make sure it’s functional and aesthetically pleasing. If necessary, the dentist will make adjustments to create a natural fit, feel, and look.
Using veneers, dentists can address issues that include:
- Crooked teeth: Veneers aren’t a replacement for orthodontia but can be used in some cases to improve the look of crooked teeth.
- Gaps: If your teeth don’t fit together as they should but have gaps between them, it can detract from the look of your smile. However, a more pressing concern is that gapped teeth can be more vulnerable to cavities and gingivitis. If your teeth are poorly aligned, you probably need braces or a retainer. However, if your teeth are gapped because they’re small, veneers might solve your problem.
- Discoloration: If you’ve tried tooth whitening and are not getting the look you want, veneers can give you a sparkling white smile.
- Imperfect teeth: Maybe some of your teeth are smaller than others, or perhaps your teeth are worn down or oddly shaped. If your imperfect teeth are making you self-conscious, veneers can fix the problem.
- Chipped teeth: Most people chip a tooth at some point in their lives. A veneer applied to a chipped tooth can make the chips invisible.
If you need more persuading, consider the benefits of veneers. First, they look and feel just like your natural teeth, so no one will even know they’re there. They’re also stain resistant, so your teeth are likely to stay white once they’re in place. Veneers are also strong and durable enough to protect your smile for up to 15 years.
If you’re looking for the perfect place to get veneers, choose the practice that was voted best dentist in NYC! At Park 56 Dental Group, we offer pediatric, prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, Invisalign®, emergency, and sedation dentistry, all at the highest level of treatment. We serve the Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and all surrounding Manhattan and New York areas, with a patient-centered practice that has hours to fit your schedule. Schedule your complimentary consultation today by contacting us online or calling us at (212) 826-2322.
The first stanza of a poem by Phyllis McGinley, called “Reflections Dental” reads:
How pure, how beautiful, how fine
Do teeth on television shine!
No flutist flutes, no dancer twirls
But comes equipped with matching pearls.
Gleeful announcers all are born
With sets like rows of hybrid corn.
Have you noticed that every celebrity seems to have perfect teeth? Are they born that way? Actually, many celebrities choose cosmetic dentistry procedures to make them look more perfect. Did you suspect the stars on this list of improving their pearly whites?
- Tom Cruise: His winning smile is the result of whitening, straightening, and an upgrade to porcelain veneers.
- George Clooney: Although his smile was always gorgeous, his history of tooth grinding shortened his teeth until they were lengthened with veneers
- Gary Busey: Speaking of having teeth lengthened, Gary Busey opted for outsized veneers after an accident.
- Mike Tyson: He had a gold tooth and a gap, but then he had the gap narrowed and traded in the gold for veneers. Surprisingly, because it was his signature look, he had the gap added back!
- Hillary Duff: After chipping a tooth on a microphone during a show, she decided to get a full set of veneers instead of a single repair.
- Ben Affleck: He used to have an overbite, but after lengthening, porcelain veneers, crowns, and whitening, he’s got a dazzling smile.
- Victoria Beckham: Posh Spice’s teeth used to be less than posh, but she’s had them fixed with a set of veneers.
- Jim Carrey: He once had a broken tooth capped, and he removed that cap for his snaggle-toothed Dumb and Dumber smile. Since then, he’s gone for veneers.
- Morgan Freeman: He was successful when he had gapped teeth, but in recent years he’s gotten whitening and used veneers to straighten his teeth.
- Miley Cyrus: The slightly crooked teeth of this child smile were replaced with veneers once she grew up.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: Teased as a child over crooked teeth, she fixed her alignment with orthodontics and upgraded her smile with veneers.
- Chris Rock: The success of Lethal Weapon allowed him to spend $150,000 on a new smile!
- Zac Efron: His charming gap-toothed grin has been replaced with the perfection of veneers, but he wore false teeth to play Bundy.
- Nicolas Cage: He had two teeth pulled for the 1984 film “Birdy” but has since gotten a full set of veneers.
- 50 Cent: Shot in the face in 2000, he lost a tooth a gained a gap. He later fixed his teeth with whitening and veneers.
Do any of these names surprise you? Here’s some good news: the same procedures used by celebrities are available for you. At Park 56 Dental Group, we offer dental care, including smile restoration, providing the highest level of treatment. We serve the Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and all surrounding Manhattan and New York areas, with a patient-centered practice that has hours to fit your schedule. Contact us online or call us at (212) 826-2322.
At Park 56 Dental, nothing is more important than our patients’ oral health. If you have missing, discolored, decayed, or crooked teeth, we can help! Learn about our smile restoration services to find a solution that works for you.
Missing teeth are among the most noticeable oral health problems. When decay or a traumatic injury results in tooth loss, dental implants are often the best restorative option available. An implant features a screw-like titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root. Then, a tooth-colored crown is cemented on top of the implant. The result is a functional, natural-looking replacement tooth that can last decades with proper care.
As another option for treating tooth loss, dental bridges “bridge the gap” between two teeth without implanting anything into the gums. Bridges can be placed more quickly and cost less than implants, but they require healthy surrounding teeth to prevent the gums and jawbone from degrading. We can help you decide if implants or bridges are best for your tooth loss scenario.
Do you have chipped, misshapen, or stained teeth? With veneers, you no longer have to hide your smile! Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that adhere to the front of your natural teeth. They can be whatever shape, size, and color you want to achieve the desired aesthetic effect. Thanks to their durable porcelain construction, you can expect veneers to last many years with proper care.
If one of your teeth has a deep cavity or diseased nerve, it may be possible to save the tooth with a root canal treatment. While root canals have a reputation for being painful, the intent is to remove pain and swelling. Our dentists can complete this procedure in one to three office visits. By the end of your treatment, you’ll be ready to show off a healthy, pain-free smile!
Have you always wanted straighter teeth but balked at traditional metal braces? Invisalign is the answer! This treatment uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to straighten your smile over an average of nine to 15 months. Invisalign is comfortable, removable, and BPA-free for your safety. Best of all, the aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will even know you’re wearing them!
Many at-home products claim to whiten your teeth, but only in-office Zoom! whitening can give you the results you want in a single, one-hour visit. Remove years of staining and brighten your smile by an average of eight shades with this safe, simple, and relaxing process. Our dentist will ensure your teeth are healthy and eligible for whitening before treatment begins.
Are you ready to fall in love with your smile like never before? The dentists at Park 56 Dental have the skills and experience needed to perform restoration services for our New York City patients. If you are dissatisfied with your smile for any reason, please contact us at (212) 826-2322 and schedule a consultation today!
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. If you have flawed teeth, you may be all too aware of this, smiling with closed lips or covering your mouth with your hand to hide them. What if you could smile confidently? With veneers, you can!
A veneer is a thin, custom-made shell that bonds to the front of your tooth. It’s made of tooth-colored material, such as porcelain, which is carefully matched to your existing teeth for a completely natural finish. Here’s how you can get the smile you want with veneers.
Straighten Crooked Teeth
Veneers aren’t meant to replace orthodontic treatment, but if you have crooked teeth, this could be an option. An oral exam and digital X-rays are the best way to determine if braces or veneers will improve your smile most effectively over the long term.
Fill in the Gaps
You want your teeth to sit snugly side-by-side. If there are gaps between some of them, your mouth may appear neglected and be more vulnerable to cavities and gum disease. You could bring your teeth together manually with braces or a retainer, but if the gaps are caused by small teeth rather than poor alignment, veneers could be the superior solution.
Have you tried to whiten your discolored teeth without success? While professional in-office teeth whitening can remove surface stains, it can’t touch deep stains or discoloration caused by traumatic tooth injury. Fortunately, veneers can! As long as your teeth are healthy, you can cover them with custom-made veneers in a sparkling shade of white.
Is one of your front teeth longer than the other? Are you self-conscious about a snaggletooth? Maybe one or two of your teeth are smaller than the rest. Whether uneven, worn, or oddly shaped, veneers can almost certainly hide your imperfect teeth.
Smooth out Chipped Teeth
Tooth enamel is the hardest material in the body, but it’s not impervious to chipping. Veneers restore your appearance by smoothing out chips, making them invisible. Anyone who sees you smile after having this restoration work performed will only notice beautiful, healthy-looking teeth.
The Veneer Procedure
When you set an appointment at Park 56 Dental to discuss your cosmetic dentistry questions, we’ll show you what veneers can do. If you decide to move forward, we’ll begin the restoration process by taking impressions of your teeth. Custom veneers are made based on these impressions for a precise fit.
On the day of your fitting, the dentist will prepare your teeth by shaving them down slightly so the veneers align with your natural teeth. Next, the veneers are attached using dental cement. A curing laser speeds up the drying process and ensures a permanent bond. After a final cleaning and polishing, you’ll be left with the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted!
To learn more about hiding flawed teeth with veneers, or to schedule a consultation with our NYC dentist, please contact Park 56 Dental at (212) 826-2322.
When cavities, stains, or traumatic injuries damage your teeth, you may find yourself covering your mouth every time you smile. To help you regain your confidence, you need restorative dentistry from an experienced dentist in NYC. Take a look at nine dental procedures we offer that can restore your smile.
- Crowns: A dental crown is an effective way to restore a discolored or oddly shaped tooth. This solution can even protect a weak tooth from breaking or repair one that’s already broken.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Many people assume that fillings are always metallic, but new materials and techniques mean you have the option of getting more natural-looking, tooth-colored fillings. Talk to your dentist about what option is best for you. Factors such as the size of the filling, location of the tooth, price, and personal preference must all be considered.
- Veneers: This cosmetic solution covers the front side of chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth with a natural-looking porcelain veneer. The finished product looks great and functions flawlessly. Your dentist may recommend avoiding coffee, tea, wine, and tobacco to maintain your beautiful new smile.
- Bonding: Similar to veneers, bonding is a cosmetic treatment that involves attaching tooth-colored resins to your teeth to improve their shape and color. The results are strong, long-lasting, and natural-looking.
- Contouring and reshaping: Dental contouring and tooth reshaping may be all that’s required to fix elongated or roughly shaped teeth. This process involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to alter the surface or shape of the tooth. This technique is often combined with bonding to create the most attractive smile possible.
- Implants: Dental implants consist of a titanium body, which takes the place of the missing root, and a crown, which fills the gap and replaces the function of your missing tooth. Implants can last a lifetime if properly maintained.
- Bridges: The purpose of a dental bridge is to replace one or more missing teeth. It involves installing crowns on the adjacent teeth and “bridging” the gap with an artificial tooth called a pontic. Unlike implants, no titanium root is inserted into the gums.
- Whitening: Years of drinking coffee, sipping on wine, and enjoying brightly colored berries can take a toll on your pearly whites. Luckily, you can turn back the clock with Zoom in-office whitening. Our dental professionals can brighten your smile by an average of eight shades in just one hour. Plus, the process is safe, simple, and pain-free!
- Smile makeovers: If several different problems exist in your mouth, you can combine two or more of the above dental procedures for a complete smile makeover. Your self-esteem will soar like never before once you feel confident enough to smile naturally around your friends, family, and new acquaintances.
Need help deciding which dental procedure is right for you? Ready to get the process started? Contact Park 56 Dental at (212) 826-2322 to ask questions or request a consultation at our New York dentist office.
Are you self-conscious about a chipped tooth or that gap in your smile? Stop hiding your mouth behind your hands, and restore your confidence with dental veneers! Here are the most frequently asked questions we hear about this type of cosmetic dentistry.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin, strong pieces of tooth-colored porcelain that resemble an artificial fingernail. They are custom-made to fit your teeth using an impression or digital scan of your mouth. Veneers are bonded to the front of your teeth to improve their color, shape, size, and function.
How much do veneers cost?
The cost range depends on the dentist’s experience, the quality of the material used in making your veneers, and how many veneers you receive. Sometimes, insurance will cover the cost of one or two veneers when a fracture or decay is present.
How long do veneers last?
Thanks to the durability of porcelain and the strength of the bonding agent used to attach each veneer, you can expect the results to last decades. As long as the work is done right, the only time a patient should have problems with a veneer is after a traumatic event. Porcelain can crack, just like real teeth, but it takes a hard hit to the face or biting down on a bone to make it happen.
Are there any dietary restrictions?
It’s always wise to treat your teeth gently, whether you have veneers or not. This means avoiding using your teeth as tools and biting tough foods (like taffy, beef jerky, or French bread) with caution. Also, while veneers are stain-resistant, your dentist may recommend avoiding coffee, tea, red wine, and tobacco to help your beautiful new smile last.
What happens to the tooth under a veneer?
To ensure a natural appearance, about 0.5mm of your existing tooth must be shaved down in preparation for placing the veneer. There’s no need to damage the tooth structure aggressively to achieve authentic-looking results.
Will my teeth be immune to cavities?
Veneers can’t decay, but the natural tooth underneath can still get cavities. The most vulnerable spot is the junction between the veneer and your natural tooth. Sealing this area while placing the veneer closes it off to help prevent decay. Continue to brush and floss as usual to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
How many veneers should I get?
Eight is the most common number of veneers patients receive. With veneers on the four upper and lower teeth, a bright, white shade can be selected to make your smile look its best. If you get fewer veneers than this, the color must match your existing teeth to avoid standing out.
At Park 56 Dental, we help our patients look their best with dental veneers and other cosmetic dentistry. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us at (212) 826-2322 to schedule a complimentary consultation. We serve Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and the surrounding Manhattan and NYC areas.
Have you ever felt self-conscious about smiling with your slightly chipped, misshapen, or discolored front teeth? If so, it’s time to consider porcelain veneers. These cosmetic corrections hide your teeth’s imperfections behind thin, natural-looking shells that blend in perfectly with the rest of your smile.
Not sure if restorative dentistry is right for you? Consider the benefits of porcelain veneers to help you make the right decision for your oral health.
Correct a Variety of Cosmetic Flaws
Veneers are incredibly versatile. You can install one of a slightly different size or shape than your natural tooth to hide small gaps or create the appearance of a straighter smile. The coating can mask tooth discoloration and cosmetic chips or level out the length of mismatched front teeth.
As long as the underlying tooth is healthy, you can correct its appearance in many ways just by installing a veneer. Don’t worry—if the tooth is not healthy, you still have options, such as installing a dental crown or implant instead. Either way, you can find a solution to fix your smile with restorative dentistry!
Keep More of Your Natural Tooth
When a dentist installs a crown, most of the natural tooth must be removed to make room for it. With a veneer, only a small amount of the enamel must be shaved off the front to ensure the coating sits flush with the rest of your teeth. This sounds like an uncomfortable procedure, but it’s noninvasive and may not even require anesthesia!
The process takes only two visits to complete. At your first appointment, the dentist removes a portion of your enamel and takes impressions of your teeth to have custom porcelain veneers made. Temporary veneers are installed to protect your teeth until your next appointment, where they are replaced with permanent veneers that look and feel completely natural.
Smile Confidently for Years to Come
Having dental veneers requires no additional maintenance, but you should continue to take good care of your smile by brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist for regular checkups. Whether you have one veneer or several, you can expect them to last about 10 years before needing to be replaced.
Resist Cavities and Staining
Veneers protect against decay, making cavities less likely to occur in the teeth they cover. Simply continue to take care of your smile like you normally do, and you shouldn’t have any trouble! Veneers are also non-porous, helping them retain their original color. However, it may be best to avoid food and drinks that stain teeth—such as coffee, tea, wine, and tobacco—to maintain the beauty of your smile.
At Park 56 Dental, our NYC dentists are highly skilled and have years of experience installing dental veneers. If you are displeased with your smile for any reason, feel free to contact us at (212) 826-2322 for a consultation. We’ll discuss the possibility of restoring your smile with porcelain veneers and educate you on any other viable options that may suit your needs better.
Are you unhappy with the appearance of your smile? There’s no reason to hide your grin away when help is available at your dental clinic with veneers. Veneers can quickly and dramatically change the appearance of your smile in just a few appointments. Veneers are thin porcelain shells that can be attached to the surfaces of your teeth to correct a number of aesthetic concerns, from spacing issues to severe discoloration. Along with their cosmetic benefits, veneers can help improve your bite by addressing misalignments and spacing problems without the need for orthodontic care. Find out more about the benefits of veneers and what to expect if you get them in this infographic from Park 56 Dental . Schedule a dentist appointment in NYC at our office for a consultation to see if veneers could be right for you. Please share this simple smile restoration solution with your friends and family.
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain or composite resin that are attached to teeth to create a beautiful smile. If you have chipped or broken teeth, or your stained teeth are not responding to traditional whitening treatments, then veneers may help you achieve the beautiful smile that you desire. If you’re interested in getting veneers, talk to a top dentist to see if this option is right for you.
Veneers Are Strong and Stain Repellent
Veneers are stronger and more resilient than your natural tooth enamel. While they’ll look like your natural teeth, veneers will repel stains and stay a bright, attractive shade of white. That’s why veneers are a great cosmetic solution for people who are looking to get a white smile that will remain looking good for a long time to come.
Veneers Act as Chip Fixers
Do you have a chipped or broken tooth? Or perhaps you have some small gaps in your teeth that you wish would just disappear? Since veneers are placed on top of the tooth enamel, they can restore the look of chipped or broken teeth and fill in unsightly gaps. That’s why even the top dentist recommends veneers for smile restoration .
Veneers Can Be Applied at Your Dentist’s Office
Veneers can be applied during one or two appointments at your dentist’s office. The dentist will take off a small amount of tooth enamel to create a place for the veneer on your tooth. Then, the dentist will take an impression of the tooth so that an exact replica can be made. Finally, the dentist will use adhesive cement to apply the veneer to the tooth.
If you’re interested in improving the appearance of your smile, veneers may be the way to go. Are you looking for a dental clinic near NYC for veneer application? Call Park 56 Dental at (646) 783-3529 today to set up an initial appointment with a cosmetic dentist.
If you suffer from cracked, damaged, or stained teeth and would like to improve your smile, dental veneers may be the right choice for you. This popular treatment can restore both the appearance and function of your teeth. Here is a brief look at how you can improve your smile with dental veneers.
Perhaps the most attractive advantage of dental veneers is their ability to blend in with your natural teeth. Your dentist can use this procedure to treat a number of conditions and return your smile to normal. While many choose dental veneers that discreetly fill in their smiles, others take advantage of the opportunity to brighten their teeth a few shades. Veneers are also resistant to staining from coffee, wine, and strongly colored berries. Many individuals are pleased with the fact that they can retain the majority of each natural tooth.
Like any other dental treatment, the first step is to talk to your dentist and make sure that this procedure is right for you. Your dentist will remove a small portion of your enamel so that the veneer has room to fit over the tooth; in some cases, you may be eligible for veneers that require little to no removal of enamel . Your dentist can then bond the veneer to your tooth using a special resin that hardens in the presence of a curing light.
Maintaining your dental veneers is important if you want them to last for years to come. You can do this by simply practicing proper dental hygiene; brush your teeth twice each day, floss every day, and be sure to keep your dentist appointments. Talk to your dentist if you have a habit of grinding your teeth.
Are you interested in improving your smile with dental veneers? Contact Park 56 Dental or visit our website. Our team features some of the best dentists in New York, and we are happy to provide high quality dental bridges and root canal treatments in addition to dental veneers in NYC. Give us a call at (646) 783-3529 for more information about our services.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Healthier Teeth
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Health
- Dental Emergencies
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal
- Sedation Dentistry
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Anxiety
- Gum Disease
- Bad Breath
- New York Dentist
- Cut out sugar
- General Dentistry
- Oral Health
- Oral Cancer
- Dry Mouth