When Invisalign aligners came on the scene, they were a revolutionary idea. Suddenly, people could get beautiful, straight teeth without the hassle of traditional wire braces. Instead, using a series of nearly invisible, removable, comfortable, clear aligners, dentists could straighten teeth in less time than people spend in wire braces. Now, various companies have seized upon this idea and are flooding the market with at home straightening kits. Do they work, or is Invisalign still the right choice?
At-home straightening companies send the customer a kit to make a 3-D mold of their own teeth. This mold is submitted to the company, and a series of clear aligners are sent to the customer periodically. The patient never needs to visit the dentist or orthodontist, which allows these companies to charge far less than a patient would pay for Invisalign. In fact, one leading at-home straightening company estimates that their product is about 60 percent cheaper than traditional teeth straightening.
The problem with these at-home straightening kits is the same thing that makes them inexpensive: they allow patients to skip the orthodontist or dentist. Without professional supervision, patients can actually damage their teeth irreparably. This is because straightening teeth often requires adjustments to the plan, and if you are straightening your teeth on your own, there’s no monitoring of your progress and no professional who could make these adjustments.
Additionally, while a dentist is qualified to create a customized straightening plan for you, at-home straighteners are more of a “one-size-fits-all” product. They don’t work for everyone, and there is no way for these companies to consider all the different factors that could affect your progress. When you bypass the guidance of a dental care professional, you run the risk of missing problems with your jaw or the roots of your teeth. Issues that could have been caught by an x-ray before treatment can end up being complications that can affect the results of your straightening attempts. While an at-home straightening program may cost less upfront, it could end up leading to costly problems in the long run.
If you want to straighten your teeth using clear aligners, the best choice is to seek a qualified Invisalign provider. Your dentist or orthodontist will create a 3D image of your teeth and design a treatment plan that’s customized for you. You’ll wear a series of clear aligners that are removable, so that you can continue to eat your favorite foods while your teeth are being straightened. Each set of aligners will need to be worn for about two weeks, and you’ll see your dentist every six weeks so that your treatment can be monitored and adjusted as needed. The average treatment time for Invisalign is between nine and 15 months.
When you’re ready to find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, choose the practice that was voted best dentist in NYC! At Park 56 Dental Group, we offer pediatric, prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, Invisalign®, emergency, and sedation dentistry, all at the highest level of treatment. We serve the Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and all surrounding Manhattan and New York areas, with a patient-centered practice that has hours to fit your schedule. Schedule your complimentary consultation today by contacting us online or calling us at (212) 826-2322.
When you think of a beautiful smile, what do you think of? Straight teeth! When you look at your own smile, is there something you wish you could change? Straight teeth are actually easier to attain than you’d think! Let the certified Invisalign experts at Park 56 Dental of NYC help you know how easy Invisalign actually is!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern method of straightening teeth without the hassle and diet restrictions of braces. Because the aligner is designed to be removed, it is easier to maintain healthy daily oral hygiene habits that your whole mouth will benefit from! A typical process is completed between 9 and 15 months of wearing the aligners 24 hours a day, other than when brushing, eating, drinking or flossing.
What are the health benefits of having straight teeth?
Straight teeth are more than just a visual bonus. The American Dental Association says that properly spaced teeth can prevent periodontal disease (red, swollen gums) as well as other periodontal related issues. Additionally, the ability to remove the aligner while under treatment with Invisalign allows for better/ easier access to your mouth so that there isn’t as much risk for mouth sores, hidden food getting stuck between wires or brackets, plaque and tartar build up, or other daily challenges that braces can present.
Why is Invisalign for me?
Invisalign is effective at straightening crooked teeth with many, many benefits, such as:
- Removable, so you are able to keep your teeth and your aligner clean!
- Free to eat and drink your preferred food choices without concern for damaging, as with braces
- Virtually invisible (Ha! That’s why they’re called “Invisalign!”)
- So comfortable, you hardly know they’re there!
- Easier to clean
- Game ready! No wires= NO mouth guard needed with an Invisalign!
- Produces amazing results quickly
- Fewer visits to the dentist are needed (as compared to braces)
What will Invisalign cost?
Remember, when caring for your teeth, you are making an investment in YOU and your overall health! The price of Invisalign treatment varies, depending on duration of treatment. Additionally, if your insurance includes orthodontic treatment, you may qualify for Invisalign. Park 56 Dental also has payment options so that you may choose a plan that works best for you.
What do people say about Invisalign?
Testimonials are a great resource for making a decisions. Here are a few testimonials from Park 56 Dental Invisalign patients.
I definitely smile a lot more. Even though I’m still in treatment, it has given me more confidence. It’s given me something to look forward to. I feel good about myself. I feel good that I have taken the steps to get these braces. ~Daniel, age 38
I always wanted to have straight teeth, but never thought my smile would look this great. Plus, no one even knew when I was wearing them. I couldn’t be happier! ~Gina, age 26
More than 1,000,000 patients worldwide have been treated with Invisalign and the number continues to climb! If you’re curious about Invisalign, don’t hesitate to set up a consultation with the certified Invisalign providers at Park 56 Dental of NYC and schedule a consultation today at (646) 679-3989!
If your teeth are overcrowded, it can make you feel less confident in your smile. What you may not realize, though, is that it also has serious implications for the health of your mouth. Here are some reasons why, along with some tips to help you improve your dental health.
- It’s harder to clean overcrowded teeth. If your teeth are incorrectly spaced, you won’t be able to effectively brush and floss them. You’ll be unable to get the floss in between some of your teeth, and you won’t be able to brush every surface of your teeth. This can lead to bad breath, cavities, and health problems that occur when an overgrowth of bacteria in your mouth makes its way to other parts of the body.
- Crowded teeth can increase your risk of gingivitis. When you don’t completely remove the plaque from your mouth, it can cause gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease. The symptoms of gingivitis are red, swollen, irritated, and sometimes bleeding gums, along with bad breath.
- If your teeth are overcrowded, you may experience pain. Sometimes, when you have a crowded mouth, a tooth becomes impacted because it has no room to erupt from the gums. This impaction can also cause overcrowding, by pushing other teeth into a problematic position, which can lead to pain when you bite or chew.
- Bite problems happen when crowding causes misalignment. If your teeth aren’t lining up correctly because they’re too crowded, you won’t bite properly. This can lead to cracking, chipping, and otherwise damaging your teeth.
- Allergies may be connected to teeth crowding. This goes back to the oral care component: when you can’t properly clean your teeth, it leads to poor oral health. In turn, poor oral health has been linked to allergic rhinitis, asthma, and skin allergies.
- You’re more likely to grind or clench overcrowded teeth. This grinding and clenching, also called bruxism, can cause headaches, face pain, damage to your teeth, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
So, what can you do about crowded teeth? In some cases, especially with impacted teeth, you may need an extraction. Often, however, your crowded mouth can be greatly improved using orthodontia. One of the simplest and most effective ways to move teeth into the correct placement in your mouth is using Invisalign®. Talk to your dentist or orthodontist about the options that are available to you.
Whether you need simple cleaning or a specialty service like Invisalign®, choose the practice that was voted best dentist in NYC! At Park 56 Dental Group, we offer pediatric, prosthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, Invisalign®, emergency, and sedation dentistry, all at the highest level of treatment. We serve the Midtown, Central Park, Upper East Side, Park Avenue, and all surrounding Manhattan and New York areas, with a patient-centered practice that has hours to fit your schedule. Schedule your complimentary consultation today by contacting us online or calling us at (212) 826-2322.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Healthier Teeth
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Health
- Dental Emergencies
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal
- Sedation Dentistry
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Anxiety
- Gum Disease
- Bad Breath
- New York Dentist
- Cut out sugar
- General Dentistry
- Oral Health
- Oral Cancer
- Dry Mouth
- Gum Health