Are Water Flossers Worth It?
If you’re looking for an effective way to improve your oral health, you may have heard about water flossers. But are they really worth it? Here at Park 56 Dental in New York, we can tell you the answer is yes. Let’s look at exactly why water flossers are so helpful and how they can make a difference in your smile.
What is a Water Flosser?
A water flosser is an oral hygiene device that uses pulsating streams of water to remove plaque, bacteria, and food particles from between teeth and under the gum line. It is often used as an alternative to traditional string flossing or floss picks for those who find it difficult to use them effectively.
Water Flossers Have the ADA Seal of Acceptance
Get your oral health on the right track by choosing a water flosser with the ADA Seal of Acceptance! With proven safety and effectiveness, these products can help reduce plaque buildup that leads to cavities and gum disease. Plus, they have been clinically tested to lower gingivitis–so you get fresh breath all day long no matter where you are in your smile journey! Check out this list for recommended ADA-Accepted water flossers.
Benefits of Water Flossing
Take your dental hygiene routine to the next level by adding water flossing to your routine. Water flossers are a revolutionary device that provide numerous benefits over traditional flossing:
- Improved Gum Health – Studies have shown that water flossers are significantly more effective at preventing gum disease than traditional string floss. This is because they deliver a steady stream of water directly into hard-to-reach areas of the mouth, making it easier to remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and gums.
- Reduced Bleeding – Traditional string floss can cause your gums to bleed if used incorrectly or too aggressively, but this isn’t an issue with water flossers. The pressure from the stream of water is gentle enough that it won’t aggravate sensitive gums, and yet still powerful enough to remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and gums.
- Time Savings – Traditional string floss takes time—sometimes up to 10 minutes—but with a water flosser, you can clean your entire mouth in just 60 seconds! This makes it much easier to fit into even the busiest of schedules.
- Versatility – Unlike traditional string floss, which can only be used on teeth, water flossers can be used anywhere in the mouth—including between teeth, along the gum line, and even on bridges and braces! It even comes with a variety of tip attachments for different types of cleaning needs (e.g., plaque removal, stain removal).
- Cost Savings – Although they may seem expensive upfront, when you factor in how much time they save you in your daily oral care routine, their cost quickly balances out over time since you don’t need to buy new supplies as often as with traditional string floss. Plus, since they last longer than regular string floss, there is less waste overall too!
We hope this article has helped you understand why using a water flosser is such an important part of any good oral hygiene routine! If you’re interested in learning more about how a water flosser can help improve your smile, please don’t hesitate to contact us here at Park 56 Dental in New York today! We look forward to helping you achieve the best possible results for your mouth and teeth!
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Healthier Teeth
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Health
- Dental Emergencies
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal
- Sedation Dentistry
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Anxiety
- Gum Disease
- Bad Breath
- New York Dentist
- Cut out sugar
- General Dentistry
- Oral Health
- Oral Cancer
- Dry Mouth
- Gum Health